Trials and tales of a not-so-advanced gardener--both in the dirt and beyond.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Orchid Excitement

With the weather so cold and lots of snow, there isn't much motivation these days to blog about gardening.

However, there is a bit of exciting news about an orchid I've brought to my office:

It might RE-BLOOM!



I purchased this orchid from a big box store in July and the flowers were present until October. I read up on how to make them re-bloom quickly. I clipped the stem back to the next node. A few months later, I brought it to work, where it lives amongst a co-workers orchids in a east-facing window.

And now...there are three "branches" with buds growing! I have no idea how long it will take for them to bloom, but I am hopeful that it will be soon.

No comments: